Join Every Step of the Way
If you are someone who is experiencing or has experienced multiple and complex needs in the last 5 years and want to make a difference to Birmingham, you can apply to become one of our Experts by Experience.
You will be contacted by a member of the team who will explain more about ESOW. If you are still interested we will set up an informal phone interview with a member of staff.
If you are happy in entering the project for the right reasons – you’re in! You can now start accessing opportunities and making your voice heard to change service delivery and design in Birmingham.
All that you need to contribute is some of your time and a willingness to be open about your personal experience. Using these personal experiences in changing services across the city is what makes Birmingham Changing Future Together different.
As an Expert by Experience you could be:
- Attending high profile meetings of statutory and voluntary services across the city.
- Sharing your life experiences with organisations who provide support and the general public.
- Being a facilitator in groups working to change systems for the better.
- Working with services such as: The Big Issue, DWP & West Midlands Police.
- Please note that all meetings and opportunites are currently being carried out via the phone/ internet due to the ongoing risk of Covid 19.
If you know someone else who may be interested in becoming an ESOW member, please either sent them a link to our page here, or download and send the recruitment poster below.