Expert support right where it's needed
About Inreach Outreach
Inreach Outreach focuses on our staff with lived experience going out in the community directly to the people who need support, giving them information and guidance on getting help through Birmingham Changing Futures Together. Our staff have been trained to go out to “crisis point” organisations, where we may expect clients to fall through the gaps in the system. It’s at these crisis point organisations where our staff reach out to clients with Multiple and Complex needs, and refer them into our No Wrong Door network.
Soho & The Jewellery Quarter
- A team with first-hand experience of the challenges that come with having complex needs, using their lived experience to engage with people on a personal level.
- Support and guidance for agencies that wish to increase their knowledge of how best to support individuals with Multiple & Complex Needs.
- A direct pathway for referring individuals into services including Changing Future’s No Wrong Door, so they only have to tell their story once.
- People who struggle to navigate services which seem to complicated.
- Frontline staff who want to improve their knowledge of Multiple & Complex Needs.
- Housing providers looking to improve their services for tenants.
We work in partnership in the community with:
- Birmingham Safeguarding Adults Board
- Birmingham City Council
- West Midlands Police
- West Midlands Fire Service
Soho & Jewellery Quarter project funded by
Get In Touch
For all general queries on Inreach Outreach, contact us with the details below.